As a public authority, the ECTDA manages the marketing of countywide tourism, in a manner that strengthens the local economy, enriches the quality of life and preserves Edgecombe County’s history and agricultural heritage.
The specific Purposes and Objectives are:
- to collect in accordance with enabling legislation the 6% occupancy tax county wide;
- to act and engage in programs and services that will add benefit to the purpose;
- to organize local tourism and related government entities to provide areas for
discussion and education as related to the Visitors Bureau;
- to establish systems and procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the Visitors Bureau; and
- maintain offices and facilities as required for the purposes of the Visitors Bureau.