500 Main St Tarboro, NC 27886 (252) 823-7241

Edgemont Historic District

Edgemont Historic District
500-800 blocks of Tarboro St., the 600-800 blocks of Hill St., and the southern side of the 600-800 blocks of Sycamore St.; also roughly bounded by Cokey Rd., George St., Eastern Ave., Edgewood St., and School St., Rocky Mount

 A national historic district located at Rocky Mount, Edgecombe County, North Carolina. The district encompasses 293 contributing buildings in a predominantly residential section of Rocky Mount. They were mostly built between about 1915 and 1950, and include notable examples of Classical Revival, Colonial Revival, and Bungalow / American Craftsman architecture. Notable buildings include the Trinity Lutheran Church (1937) and the former Edgemont School (1914).